The Microsoft roadmap roundup is a weekly summary of all the newly added items and changes within the Microsoft 365 roadmap, covering SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and Microsoft Information Protection and Compliance. Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Includes updates for SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex and Microsoft Viva.
- Launched (4)
- Rolling out (2)
- In development (5)
- Microsoft Viva: Viva Topics – Updates to Topic Card – Improvements to topic card to expand long descriptions, show job titles for people and interactions with Live Persona Card. Roadmap ID:82175
- OneDrive and SharePoint: Edit High Value Control (HVC) – High Efficiency Image Format (HEIC) File Support – Users can edit (Crop or rotate, adjust, filter and markup) the High Efficiency Image Format (HEIC) files through the Edit HVC. After editing the image, if the user wishes to save the changes, the file would be copied as a new jpg file. Roadmap ID:88841
- SharePoint: Admin center – Migration Manager: Egnyte migrations – With our recent Mover acquisition, we are excited to expand our capabilities to allow moving content from Egnyte into Microsoft 365. When you’re ready to move your content, click on the Migrate tab in the SharePoint admin center to start scan discovery, assessment, and migrate. You’ll get detailed reports and the rest in a seamless transition of files and folders to Microsoft 365 (OneDrive, SharePoint, and/or Teams). Roadmap ID:82016
- Microsoft Lists: Improved lookup fields – Create lookup fields in modern list UI – no settings page required! This means you can program a list item (column) to ‘lookup’ another set of data of pre-populated, managed choices. Roadmap ID:82156
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- Microsoft Viva: Enable search to add files or pages in Topic Pages – Editors can pin files or pages to a topic page by searching for it in the resource picker. Roadmap ID:88852
- Microsoft Lists: Custom list templates – Microsoft have announced that they will be supporting custom list templates – the ability for organizations to define custom list templates. Note, you will be able to manage which templates are available to which people, based on their job role. Roadmap ID: 70753
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – February 2022
- 🆕 Microsoft Stream: Report a playback issue to Microsoft – This feature enables users with permissions to Microsoft Feedback to report technical issues to Microsoft on a video they’re playing and allows all users to access public help documentation about the video player from the same entry point. Roadmap ID:88932
- SharePoint: Manage apps using the App Catalog – As a SharePoint or global admin in Microsoft 365, you can distribute custom apps that can be used across SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Viva Connections using the modernized App Catalog. Roadmap ID:88844
- SharePoint: New content scenarios for My Feed Web Part on SharePoint – The New content types are added to My Feed Web Part on SharePoint. The new contents are Suggested Tasks, People Highlights, Meetings out of routine and files shared in groups. Roadmap ID: 82172
Release – March 2022
- 🆕 SharePoint Syntex: Use taxonomy term set or term as input source in placeholders for modern templates – You can associate pre-defined term sets or terms as an input source to the placeholders you create in modern templates. When users fill the placeholder for creating a document from the template, you can only choose values from the configured term set for that placeholder. Roadmap ID:88938
Release – April 2022
- Microsoft Viva: Briefing email for Government Community Cloud – The daily briefing email- a personalized, actionable briefing email from Microsoft Viva, automatically delivered to your Outlook inbox to help you start the day on track and stay on top of tasks, will be available for Government Community Cloud (GCC). Roadmap ID: 85681