Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Includes updates for SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex and Microsoft Viva.
- Launched (2)
- Rolling out (2)
- In development (7)
- Microsoft Lists: List Setting to disable/enable commenting – New list-level settings to disable/enable commenting. Roadmap ID: 70706
- OneDrive and SharePoint: Immersive Reader support – Users can edit Word files directly into Immersive Reader from inside OneDrive and SharePoint. Roadmap ID: 81954
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- SharePoint admin center – Migration Manager: Box migrations (public preview) – With their recent Mover acquisition, Microsoft are excited to expand capabilities to allow moving content from third-party cloud storage providers starting with Box.com. Roadmap ID: 68816
- SharePoint: Swap root site from SharePoint admin center for customers with 10k+ seats – Customer tenants with more than 10K seats or more can now swap their SharePoint root site from within the SharePoint admin center user interface. Roadmap ID: 72224
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – June 2021
- SharePoint: Collapsible sections on modern pages – You’ll have the ability to show page sections in an accordion view (collapsed or expanded) or as tabs. The accordion view will be collapsed by default, but can be set to show expanded. Roadmap ID: 67147
Release – July 2021
- 🆕 SharePoint: New experience to add an app – You can extend the working experience with out-of-the-box SharePoint Framework web parts and extensions in SharePoint Online as normally but using a brand-new modernized store. Roadmap ID: 82031
- 🆕 SharePoint: Microsoft List creation from Office.com – Now you will be able to create a Microsoft Lists list directly from Office.com. Click the ‘Create new’ ‘plus sign’ button and select “List”. Roadmap ID: 82068
- 🆕 SharePoint: Show and remove active filters in Microsoft Lists – As you apply and adjust filters to narrow or expand what appears in the current view, you’ll now see which filters have been applied and you can remove them without going back into the column filter pane – you will now do this at the top-left portion of the list. Roadmap ID: 82069
- 🆕 SharePoint: Drag and drop row reorder in Microsoft Lists – You will now be able to reorder rows in Microsoft Lists. Just click the row you want to move, and then drag it to where you’d like it to appear in your list grid view. Roadmap ID: 82070
- SharePoint: Display images from Microsoft Lists in Power Apps – Power Apps image controls will now display images that are stored in Microsoft Lists Image columns. They can be displayed in four sizes: small, medium, large, or full. Roadmap ID: 81986
- SharePoint: Email notification settings – With this feature, users can unsubscribe or re-subscribe to their favourite SharePoint email notifications. Their preference will be respected for these email notifications. Roadmap ID: 81993