Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
From the Microsoft 365 message center…
Here’s a look at some of the planned change notification messages that were sent out in the past 7 days.
|Message||More detail||Act by||Message ID|
|Transition to Power Platform Admin Center||After reviewing customer feedback about our plans to retire the Power Apps and Power Automate admin center (MC217599) on June 30, 2020, and transition users to the unified Power Platform admin center, we have decided to postpone the redirection until July 31, 2020.||31 July, 2020||MC219149|
|Reminder of changes coming to Office support on October 13, 2020||Office 2016 for Mac and Office 2010 will reach their end of support on October 13, 2020. After this date, Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, bug fixes, or security updates for Office 2016 for Mac and Office 2010.|
Also as previously announced, after October 13, 2020, customers will need to be running Microsoft 365 Apps, Office 2019 or Office 2016 to connect to Office 365 services.
|13 October, 2020||MC219159|
|Configuration Change: Teams admin center||Currently, Teams admin center does not operate consistently when conditional access policies are configured in the tenant. This is due to a special exception in place for Teams admin center that inhibits the proper operation of conditional access policies. Starting September 01, 2020, we’re making a change intended to allow conditional access policies to be honored with Teams admin center.||1 September, 2020||MC219095|
|Retirement of notifications functionality in all Office 365 web apps except Outlook||We will be retiring the Notifications feature from the Office 365 web applications. This includes email, calendar and system alert notifications that appear with the bell icon in the header of these apps.||August 24, 2020||MC219002|
|Office 365 ATP: External email forwarding controls and policy change||Automated external email forwarding is a tactic attackers use to exfiltrate data out of an organization. To counter that, we are updating our anti-spam policies.||August 28, 2020||MC218984|
Microsoft 365 Records Management – Updated behavior for records
|We’re updating the behavior of items marked as a record across Exchange, SharePoint and OneDrive to improve the consistency of the experience across Microsoft 365.||End of August 2020||MC218924|
- Company branding now supported on SharePoint Mobile App – Configure company branding in O365 admin center and receive a co-branded experience on the SharePoint iOS and Android Apps. Roadmap ID: 61374
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- SharePoint: SharePoint spaces 360° image annotations and tours – 360° tour web part in SharePoint spaces allows creation of immersive virtual tours for SharePoint sites. Roadmap ID: 65072
- Default site theme color is changing from blue to teal – SharePoint’s new teal theme will automatically update new and existing communication sites and team sites. Roadmap ID: 60592
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – later in 2020
- SharePoint: Share a page to Yammer – The ability to share a modern SharePoint Online (SPO) page to a Yammer community will be available in the page actions bar. Roadmap ID: 66183
- SharePoint: Download SharePoint site usage data in Excel – SharePoint site owners and members will be able to download their site’s 90-day usage data in an excel report, directly from the Site Usage page. Roadmap ID: 66395