Here’s all the new and changed Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Highlights from the Microsoft 365 message center
Here’s a look at some of the planned change notification messages that were sent out in the past 7 days.
- M365 Information Governance: Update to retention labels – Microsoft are introducing the ability to have Exchange items support retention labels for which period of retention or deletion is based upon when an item was labeled. Initial release set for mid-July to be complete for all customers by early August.
- 100 GB File Size for OneDrive and SharePoint – Microsoft have increased the max file size from 15GB to 100GB for a single file in OneDrive and SharePoint. This feature is available now. Associated Roadmap ID: 49368
- Enabling basic formatting on the sign-in page text component in Company Branding – Microsoft are updating the Company Branding component of the Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) sign-in page to allow hyperlinks and simple formatting – completing roll out by end of June 2020.
- Teams personal account banner notifications – Starting on June 30th, similar to adding a personal mailbox in Outlook, a user can add an account in Teams for personal use by visiting their profile in the app.
- Acronym answers now available with Microsoft Search in SharePoint – Acronym answers allow Microsoft Search Administrators and Editors to create definitions for commonly used acronyms in the organization. Associated Roadmap ID: 64865
- Updates to sharing page in Admin center – Microsoft are bringing the admin sharing settings from the classic sharing page to the modern sharing page. Roadmap ID: 61116
- SharePoint Spaces (Preview) – SharePoint spaces, the web-based, immersive platform, which allows you to create and share extensible mixed reality experiences is now in preview. Roadmap ID: 62752
- Audience targeting in site navigation – Communication sites and hub sites can now filter the items within the navigation menu based on people and groups. Roadmap ID: 32451
- Shy header – Modern SharePoint site and hub site header states will collapse upon scroll. Roadmap ID: 62754
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- Updated Yammer Conversations web part for SharePoint – The Yammer conversations web part is being updated to contain the new Yammer experience. Roadmap ID: 63385
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – June 2020
- Microsoft Lists: sharing – Share entire lists, or list items with individuals or groups with view or edit permissions and the ability to manage access. Roadmap ID: 64164
Release – July 2020
- Sticky column in Quick Edit – As users scroll horizontally across a list in Quick Edit mode, the far-left column remains in place – improving context while viewing and editing. Roadmap ID: 64866
- Fluent design coherence updates for SharePoint – The fluent design system will be applied to modern SharePoint which will result in some visual changes. Roadmap ID: 63777
- Lists/ library web parts consume dynamic data – You will be able to configure list web parts to send its property values to the List Properties web part. Roadmap ID: 57307
Release – August 2020
- Updates to site header options – You will be able to choose to show/ hide the site title and a choice between a square site logo thumbnail or a non-square site logo. Roadmap ID: 63776
Release – later in 2020
- Search scoping controls with Microsoft Search – Support in Microsoft Search in SharePoint for search scoping controls in modern document libraries, lists for site, hub or organization wide. Roadmap ID: 57098