The Microsoft roadmap roundup is a weekly summary of all the newly added items and changes within the Microsoft 365 roadmap, covering SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and Microsoft Information Protection and Compliance. Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Includes updates for SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex and Microsoft Viva.
- Launched (8)
- Rolling out (4)
- In development (5)
- Microsoft Lists: Grid view keyboard improvements – When you edit in grid view (previously ‘Quick edit’), you will have a faster editing experience that adheres to greater levels of accessibility. Navigate across rows and columns using the tab key. Plus, pressing Enter enbales you to edit that field. Clicking Enter on a new row saves the new item. And pressing the Esc key closes editor. Feature ID:70670
- Microsoft Stream: Video viewer retention analytics – See which parts of a video are watched – Additional analytics for video files uploaded to SharePoint and OneDrive, allowing video owners to analyze the viewership retention of a video and determine which parts were watched the most or least. Feature ID:85643
- SharePoint spaces: Embed Web Part and Annotation – Show SharePoint pages or HTML embed content as an interactable overlay on a SharePoint space. Roadmap ID: 70732
- SharePoint: Collapsible sections on modern pages – You’ll have the ability to show page sections in an accordion view (collapsed or expanded) or as tabs. The accordion view will be collapsed by default, but can be set to show expanded. Roadmap ID: 67147
- SharePoint: Audience Targeting capability for Quick Links Web Part – Microsoft are adding the ability to target specific audiences per link within the Quick Links Web Part. With it, you target specific links to different audiences, helping you provide more personalized experiences on SharePoint pages. Roadmap ID: 67115
- SharePoint and Teams: updated Add a Team to a site wizard – Choose the SharePoint content that you want to add as tabs in Teams when you first connect them via the “Add a Team” flow from your site. Roadmap ID: 46990
- Conditional formatting rule builder with new rich-text capabilities in lists – You will have the ability to use If/Then logic to format rows and columns based on attributes like numerical, date, etc. Roadmap ID: 57305
- People cards for SharePoint list and library web parts – Now, when you see a person’s name or face within a SharePoint List or Library web part, you can hover over it and reveal their people card. Roadmap ID: 57814
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- OneDrive and SharePoint: Improved Move or Copy user experience – We’re refreshing the Move/Copy user experience in OneDrive and SharePoint to make it easier for you to choose where to move or copy your files and folders. Feature ID:85567
- Microsoft Lists: Board View – View your list items in a board with swimlanes that represent their current progress. Roadmap ID: 85634
- Microsoft Viva: Praise History in Microsoft Viva Insights – The Praise app in Microsoft Teams is designed to help recognize the effort that goes into the wide-ranging, collaborative work that Teams users do. Users can send Praise to their colleagues through the messaging extension pinned to the Teams messaging bar for most users or through the Microsoft Viva Insights app in Teams. With Praise history, users will be able to view their sent and received praise over the past six months. Feature ID:85639
- Microsoft Viva: Viva Topics – Updates to Topic Card – Improvements to topic card to expand long descriptions, show job titles for people and interactions with Live Persona Card. Roadmap ID: 82175
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – February 2022
- SharePoint: Display images from Microsoft Lists in Power Apps – Power Apps image controls will now display images that are stored in Microsoft Lists Image columns. They can be displayed in four sizes: small, medium, large, or full. Feature ID:81986
Release – March 2022
- Microsoft Viva: Quiet time settings in Teams and Outlook – To help create better boundaries and protect your personal time, later this year Viva Insights will offer the ability to configure quiet time to silence mobile notifications from Outlook and Teams outside your working hours as well as provide personalized insights on how well you are disconnecting. You will also be able to set quiet time directly from Teams and Outlook mobile. Roadmap ID: 85627
Release – April 2022
- Microsoft Viva: Shared focus plan in Viva Insights – The shared focus plan enables managers and team leads to foster mutual productivity norms and drive a positive team culture by inviting teams to book focus time for uninterrupted work. Roadmap ID: 88839
- Azure Active Directory: Azure B2B integration with OneDrive and SharePoint – The Azure B2B Integration with OneDrive and SharePoint is now generally available. This integration is currently disabled by default but can be enabled using the SharePoint Online Management Shell. Additional changes are coming to improve the experience. Roadmap ID:81955
Re: #67147. The ability to add collapsible sections is available, but not the ability to add tabs. Any word on when tabs might become available?
To be honest, I haven’t heard a single thing about tabs since this roadmap item went GA. I’ve not found anything online, but I’ve asked the question on Twitter so I’ll let you know if I get any info
Update – I’ve had a response from a Programme Manager at Microsoft about tabs saying:
“Sadly it’s on hold at the moment due to resourcing challenges/ priorities. It’s painful that we haven’t been able to turn our prototype into production code yet #InTheBacklog”
Thanks for the update! Not exactly what I hoped to hear but at least I know something. Thanks again.