The Microsoft roadmap roundup is a weekly summary of all the newly added items and changes within the Microsoft 365 roadmap, covering SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and Microsoft Information Protection and Compliance. Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Includes updates for SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex and Microsoft Viva.
- Launched (7)
- Rolling out (1)
- In development (4)
- Microsoft Lists: Mobile App (Android) – Access all lists you own and that have been shared with you – all on the go. You’ll be able to create new lists, edit list items and easily share with other people. Roadmap ID: 70704
- SharePoint: Microsoft Lists unscheduled items pane on calendar view – You can review all the items not yet appearing in the Calendar view due to missing dates. These items will appear on the Unscheduled tab within the events pane to the right of the Calendar view. Roadmap ID:93223
- SharePoint: Security- Data access governance – Expanding our insights story to help you easily see what matters most in your organization. With our new Data Access Governance insights, you can monitor sharing activity to detect oversharing. You can review and monitor sites based on the type of sharing. You can quickly see essential information about the sites like sensitivity, level of access from unmanaged devices or if the site can be shared externally. Roadmap ID:82164
- SharePoint: Create and manage Power Apps from Microsoft Lists within Microsoft Teams – Build low-code, mobile-friendly apps from Lists directly inside of Teams via a new integration with Power Apps. A published app can be added as a tab in a Teams channel and shared with the rest of your team, while maintaining its connection to the list as a source of data. Roadmap ID:88894
- Microsoft Viva: Briefing email support for 16 additional languages – The daily Briefing email from Microsoft Viva helps users start their day on track by surfacing information to prepare for upcoming meetings, follow up on outstanding tasks, and protect time for independent work. With this update, the Briefing email will be available in the following additional languages: Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Russian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Korean, Chinese Traditional, Polish, Turkish, Portuguese (Portugal), Thai, Hebrew, Czech, Arabic, and Hungarian. Roadmap ID:88958
- SharePoint: Microsoft List creation from Office.com – Now you will be able to create a Microsoft Lists list directly from Office.com. Click the ‘Create new’ ‘plus sign’ button and select “List”. Roadmap ID: 82068
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- SharePoint: Section Templates for SharePoint Pages – When you add a new section to a page, you can select a blank template with popular image and text combinations for a quick start. Roadmap ID:88838
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – May 2022
- 🆕 SharePoint: Automatically build visualization of list data with Power BI (Gov Clouds) – Enables list users to easily visualize their list data in a Power BI report. The initial report is auto generated. Users can also save that report so that future visitors to the list can view the report. Roadmap ID: 93221
- 🆕 SharePoint: Automatically build visualization of library metadata with Power BI (Gov Clouds) – Enables customers to visualize the metadata in a document library in a Power BI report. They can also save that report so that future visitors to the document library can view it. Roadmap ID: 94090
Release – June 2022
- 🆕 SharePoint: SharePoint File Card for Government clouds – You can get quick insights on files before you even open them. When you see a file in OneDrive or SharePoint, point to the file, and then wait for the file card to appear. The file card tells you if a file is popular among your peers, how long it might take to read it, and even show the author key points. If you are working on the file with others, the file card will show you recent activities you haven’t seen yet, a list of viewers and views, and links to places where you referenced the file in email, meetings, or Teams chats. The file card is only visible to people who have access to the file, so the information on the card is just as secure as your files. Roadmap ID: 93271
Release – July 2022
- 🆕 Microsoft Search: Conversation search in Microsoft search in SharePoint – Conversation search will allow you to find relevant Microsoft Teams, and Outlook conversations when searching in Microsoft search in SharePoint. Roadmap ID: 94207