Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Includes updates for SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex and Microsoft Viva.
- Launched (1)
- Rolling out (1)
- In development (4)
- SharePoint: Admin center – Migration Manager: Dropbox migrations – With Microsoft’s recent Mover acquisition, we are excited to expand our capabilities to allow moving content from Dropbox into Microsoft 365. Roadmap ID: 82015
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- SharePoint: Scenario-Based Site Templates – Use scenario-based site templates that leverage existing SharePoint capabilities (e.g. pages, lists, libraries, branding) to build your own sites faster and get inspired. Roadmap ID: 70574
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – July 2021
- 🆕 SharePoint: Migration Manager content discovery – Before you move any file or folder from on-premises into Microsoft 365, you need to discover content and plan for the migration. The Migration Manager, from within the SharePoint admin center, will provide content discovery so admins can best understand what content they have, decide what to migrate and what to remediate. Roadmap ID: 82000
- 🆕 Microsoft Viva: Control visibility of suggested topics – This update will empower knowledge managers to enable or prevent general visibility of AI-suggested topics. Roadmap ID: 82050
- Microsoft Lists: Custom list templates – Microsoft have announced that they will be supporting custom list templates – the ability for organizations to define custom list templates. Note, you will be able to manage which templates are available to which people, based on their job role. Roadmap ID: 70753
- Microsoft Search: Find a meeting recording based on what was said – For a Teams meeting that was recorded to OneDrive & SharePoint and was also transcribed live during the meeting you can now search in Microsoft Search to find the meeting recording file based on the transcript. Roadmap ID: 82003