Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Microsoft Information Protection
Updates listed under this heading combines the following products: Azure Information Protection, 365 compliance center, Information Protection, Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Intune, Office 365 Data Loss Prevention and Security and Compliance center.
- Launched (2)
- Rolling out (2)
- In development (2)
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365: Exchange Online Protection- Customizable Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) configuration – Email senders use authentication mechanisms like SPF, DKIM, DMARC to authenticate emails, but some legitimate intermediate services may potentially make changes to the email, which might cause the email to fail authentication at subsequent hop. Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) is an authentication mechanism that helps preserve authentication results across intermediaries. With this change, admins will be able to add trusted intermediaries in the Microsoft 365 Defender portal to allow Microsoft to honor these ARC signatures, thereby allowing legitimate messages. Roadmap ID: 85684
- Microsoft Compliance center: Self-service automation wizards for Compliance Manager, eDiscovery, and Audit – New self-service automation wizards for Compliance Manager, eDiscovery, and Audit in the Advanced Deployment Guides. Roadmap ID: 93323
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- Microsoft 365 compliance center: Microsoft Purview | Communication Compliance – Empower end users to report inappropriate messages in Teams – Microsoft Teams users are empowered to report inappropriate or concerning messages within Teams chat and channels. These reported messages are then submitted to a Communication Compliance policy for investigators to review and take action if deemed necessary. Microsoft Purview Communication Compliance helps organizations detect explicit code of conduct and regulatory compliance violations, such as harassing or threatening language, sharing of adult content, and inappropriate sharing of sensitive information. Roadmap ID:88916
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365: Anti-malware policy notifications – The anti-malware policy can be configured with recipient and sender notifications when a message is quarantined. We are redesigning this notifications option and delivery. Roadmap ID: 93212
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – July 2022
- Microsoft 365 compliance center: Insider risk management – User activity reports – User activity reports allow you to examine activities for specific users for a defined time period without having to assign them temporarily or explicitly to an insider risk management policy. This is currently available in public preview. Insider Risk Management in Microsoft 365 correlates various signals from the chip to the cloud to identify potential malicious or inadvertent insider risks, such as IP theft, security and policy violations, and more. Built with privacy by design, users are pseudonymized by default, and role-based access controls and audit logs are in place to ensure user-level privacy. Roadmap ID:88491
Release – August 2022
- Microsoft Information Protection: Microsoft Purview | SIT Feedback Loop for Content explorer and DLP alerts – Admins can provide feedback for sensitive information type (SIT) False Positives via Content explorer and DLP Alerts. This feedback can be provided in a compliant manner and users can see a summary view of the feedback in the SIT overview page. The feedback will be used to make systematic fixes to SITs for improved accuracy. Roadmap ID: 93210