The Microsoft roadmap roundup is a weekly summary of all the newly added items and changes within the Microsoft 365 roadmap, covering SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and Microsoft Information Protection and Compliance. Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Includes updates for SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex and Microsoft Viva.
- Launched (2)
- Rolling out (2)
- In development (4)
- Microsoft Viva: Topic discovery analytics – Transparency through analytics on topic discovery for organizations (Stage 1) to support ROI and understanding of progress of topic discovery. Roadmap ID:88696
- SharePoint Syntex: Advanced search with custom columns – With this release, end users will be able to add site columns and other queryable columns from the current document library view into the advanced search flyout by clicking “more options”. Managed Metadata fields are not yet supported. Roadmap ID: 88961
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- Microsoft Stream: Comment on a video or audio file in SharePoint and OneDrive – This feature builds on top of the already existing comments found in OneDrive and SharePoint Online but presents these comments with a new Office look and feel within the player. This feature allows users with view permissions to leave a comment and users with edit permissions to @ mention, which are both default changes in behaviour in terms of permissions for video and audio files. Roadmap ID: 88521
- SharePoint Syntex: Use taxonomy term set or term as input source in placeholders for modern templates – You can associate pre-defined term sets or terms as an input source to the placeholders you create in modern templates. When users fill the placeholder for creating a document from the template, you can only choose values from the configured term set for that placeholder. Roadmap ID:88938
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – May 2022
- 🆕 SharePoint: Updates to channel site to display site permissions – Every team in Microsoft Teams is connected to a team site in SharePoint. This is also true for private channels in Teams. Each private and shared channels is connected to its own unique team site. This update includes the display of the site permissions panel and updates to the site sharing options for channel sites. Roadmap ID: 93240
- 🆕 SharePoint Syntex: Content Assembly – Placeholders for cell values in a table – You can create placeholders for cell values inside a table in any word document, while creating a Modern Template. Roadmap ID: 93220
- 🆕 SharePoint Syntex: Content Assembly – create pdf documents from modern templates – With this feature we will support pdf as document output format from modern templates in addition to the already supported docx format. Roadmap ID: 93222
- SharePoint: Section Templates for SharePoint Pages – When you add a new section to a page, you can select a blank template with popular image and text combinations for a quick start. Roadmap ID:88838