The Microsoft roadmap roundup is a weekly summary of all the newly added items and changes within the Microsoft 365 roadmap, covering SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and Microsoft Information Protection and Compliance. Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Includes updates for SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex and Microsoft Viva.
- Launched (2)
- Rolling out (4)
- In development (6)
- OneDrive and SharePoint for Business: Library Dropdown – We’re adding a dropdown that allows you to easily switch between multiple document libraries associated with a Team or Site. Roadmap ID:81990
- Microsoft Viva: Supporting four additional languages for Headspace in Viva Insights – French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish – Guided meditations and mindfulness exercises from Headspace in the Viva Insights app in Microsoft Teams will be available in additional languages – French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish – to foster mindfulness and wellbeing throughout the workday. Roadmap ID:88518
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- SharePoint: Display images from Microsoft Lists in Power Apps – Power Apps image controls will now display images that are stored in Microsoft Lists Image columns. They can be displayed in four sizes: small, medium, large, or full. Feature ID:81986
- SharePoint Syntex and SharePoint: Add taxonomy columns from modern library views – Allows users to add taxonomy columns directly to library views in modern SharePoint and Syntex libraries. Roadmap ID: 88828
- Microsoft Viva: Briefing Email support for Japanese and Simplified Chinese – This personalized, actionable briefing email from Microsoft Viva, automatically delivered to your Outlook inbox to help you start the day on track and stay on top of tasks, will support Japanese and Simplified Chinese. Roadmap ID: 88832
- SharePoint: Microsoft Lists Customizable Command Bar – You can personalize a list to suit your needs by customizing the command bar. Like how you can customize form headers and footers, the JSON based feature will allow basic changes to the command bar, including modification of icon or text, hiding existing options or adding new commands. Roadmap ID: 88861
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – March 2022
- Microsoft Viva: Exclude content from topic discovery based off applied sensitivity labels – Use Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) sensitivity labels to control which files should not be included in topic discovery. Roadmap ID: 82047
- SharePoint: Security- Data access governance – With our new Data Access Governance insights, you can monitor sharing activity to detect oversharing. You can review and monitor sites based on the type of sharing. You can quickly see essential information about the sites like sensitivity, level of access from unmanaged devices or if the site can be shared externally. Roadmap ID: 82164
- Microsoft Viva: Topic discovery analytics – Transparency through analytics on topic discovery for organizations (Stage 1) to support ROI and understanding of progress of topic discovery. Roadmap ID:88696
- SharePoint: Manage apps using the App Catalog – As a SharePoint or global admin in Microsoft 365, you can distribute custom apps that can be used across SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Viva Connections using the modernized App Catalog. Roadmap ID:88844
- SharePoint: Enable Content types from modern library views – If you have SharePoint site collection administrator access, you can enable management of content types directly in your library from modern SharePoint and Syntex libraries and lists. Roadmap ID: 88948
Release – June 2022
- Microsoft Compliance Center: Expanded support to search and export items in SharePoint and OneDrive for Business Recycle Bin in Advanced eDiscovery – Traditionally, when a site is on hold, the files in the Recycle Bin would be stored in the Preservation Hold library. In cases when a site is not on hold, there is no way to search or export items in the Recycle Bin. The eDiscovery and SharePoint Online teams are making architectural changes that will make the Recycle Bin (both first-stage and second-stage Recycle Bins) in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business searchable and exportable by eDiscovery Managers. That means organizations can search and export items in the Recycle Bin regardless of whether a site is on hold or not. Roadmap ID:67092