Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Microsoft Information Protection
Updates listed under this heading combines the following products: Azure Information Protection, 365 compliance center, Information Protection, Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Intune, Office 365 Data Loss Prevention and Security and Compliance center.
- Launched (0)
- Rolling out (3)
- In development (3)
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- Microsoft 365 compliance center: Advanced eDiscovery – Hold optimizations – This update provides various service optimizations for Advanced eDiscovery, including hold reliability and limits increase. Roadmap ID: 70586
- Microsoft 365 compliance center: Advanced eDiscovery: Case limit enhancements – Advanced eDiscovery is expanding the limits for collection size, review set volume, and export. The limits expansion increases the collection size from 300GB currently to 1TB and expands the review set capacity as well to accommodate large case volumes. Export limits will be increased to 5M documents or 500GB, whichever is smaller. This is currently available in public preview. Roadmap ID: 85630
- Microsoft 365 compliance center: Teams data in Content Explorer – With the availability of Teams data in Content Explorer, customers will be able to display Sensitive information and Sensitivity labels detected on Teams data within the Content explorer. Roadmap ID: 82185
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – January 2022
- Microsoft Compliance Center: Expanded support to search and export items in SharePoint and OneDrive for Business Recycle Bin in Advanced eDiscovery – The eDiscovery and SharePoint Online teams are making architectural changes that will make the Recycle Bin (both first-stage and second-stage Recycle Bins) in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business searchable and exportable by eDiscovery Managers. That means organizations can search and export items in the Recycle Bin regardless of whether a site is on hold or not. Roadmap ID:67092
- 🆕 Microsoft Defender for Office 365: Updates to Threat Explorer and Real-time Detections – As part of this update, we will introduce enhancements like All Email view by Default for Explorer, toggling between chart or grid view, single click data export and more. There is no change in functionality when it comes to core experiences like filtering, export, and this is an update to the user experience. Roadmap ID: 82192
Release – June 2022
- 🆕 Yammer: New Administrator Role in Azure Active Directory (AAD) – A new role is being added to Azure Active Directory titled, “Yammer Administrator”. Users who are assigned the Yammer Administrator role will be allowed to manage all aspects of the Yammer service. Roadmap ID: 82187