Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Listen to the audio version of the Microsoft 365 roadmap roundup!
The audio companion to the M365 roadmap roundup is available for all major podcasting apps here.
From the message center
Here are some items from the message center that have drawn my attention over the last week:
|Affects||Message||Last updated||Message ID|
|Microsoft 365 Apps||Excel Trust Center: new option to block Excel 4.0 (XLM) macros:|
Microsoft are introducing a new Excel Trust Center setting to further restrict the usage of Excel 4.0 (XLM) macros.
|SharePoint||SharePoint classic site usage reports to be moved to a new link:|
In mid-April, SharePoint site admins will no longer be able to access Popularity and search reports. Instead, they can find this information in a new set of reports found in Site Collection Administration.
|Teams||De-identify personally identifiable information in Teams admin usage reports:|
Microsoft are introducing a capability where Global admin can de-identify PII information in Teams usage reports based on Anonymization setting available in M365 admin center.
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
- Launched (0)
- Rolling out (0)
- In development (7)
🚂 ROLLING OUT
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – March 2021
- 🆕 SharePoint: People cut out tab for stock images – The stock images tab inside the image file picker will now include images of people without a background. Roadmap ID: 70720
- 🆕 SharePoint: Audience Targeting capability for Events Web Part – We are adding the ability to target specific audiences per event within the Events Web Part. With it, you target specific events to different audiences, helping you provide more personalized experiences on SharePoint pages. Roadmap ID: 70815
Release – April 2021
- 🆕 SharePoint spaces: 360° tour annotation icon customization – Customize icons in 360° image tours with choice of icons, colors and size. Roadmap ID: 70733
- 🆕 SharePoint: Scoping Control for SharePoint Online – Scoping control is available for SP page, site, list and library, for users to search faster with specified scope. Roadmap ID: 70792
Release – May 2021
- 🆕 SharePoint Syntex: Content type synchronization enhancements – Changes to the way content type publishing works in SharePoint, moving from a “push everywhere” model to a “pull as needed” model to help improve reliability and performance of the service. Roadmap ID: 70795
Release – June 2021
- 🆕 SharePoint and Microsoft Teams: Rich previews for pages and news articles – When users paste links to SharePoint news posts and modern pages in Teams chat/channels, those links will convert into rich cards displaying the page title, image, author and published date. Roadmap ID: 70808
- 🆕 SharePoint: Microsoft Lists: Visualize with Power BI – Visualize your list in Power BI. This is a new view and author experience that auto-generates an initial report for you based on the information in your list. You can specify fields to create from, or update the visuals shown in the report. If you want more advanced report authoring capabilities, you can move into Edit mode and further refine. To create a report from a list, click the Integrate menu, choose Power BI and then you will see “Visualize the list”. Roadmap ID: 72175