Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
From the message center
Here are some items from the message center that have drawn my attention over the last week:
|Affects||Message||Last updated||Message ID|
|Teams||New personal wellbeing insights coming to Insights app in Teams: |
New personal insights to help you balance productivity and wellbeing are coming to the Insights app in Teams.
|Microsoft 365 Suite||Announcing Conglomerate branding for global admins:|
Conglomerate branding provides you the ability to define up to five themes within your organization, from the admin center, using Microsoft 365 Groups. Each theme can be customized by specifying mobile-specific and dark mode logo experiences.
|Microsoft 365 Apps||Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime to be installed on devices running Microsoft 365 Apps:|
Microsoft 365 Apps is starting to provide new or improved features that rely on Microsoft Edge WebView2. For example, the Room Finder and the Meeting Insights features in Outlook.
|Microsoft 365 Apps||New bank accounts are no longer supported in US/France/Italy/Spain/Belgium/Portugal/Luxembourg:|
Microsoft are phasing out bank accounts as a payment method from all portals including Microsoft 365 admin center.
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
- Launched (1)
- Rolling out (3)
- In development (22)
- 250 GB file size support in Microsoft 365 – Users will be able to upload large file sizes up to 250 GB in OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams. Roadmap ID: 70558
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- SharePoint: Portal Launch Scheduler in SharePoint PowerShell – The Portal Launch wizard available via SharePoint PowerShell is designed to configure the deployment waves when launching a new site. Roadmap ID: 66162
- SharePoint: Video Webparts and Templates – New SharePoint video webparts and templates to enable users combine video with messaging and other media to tell their story on any page or news post. Roadmap ID: 68715
- SharePoint: Web Part Toolbox Updates – We are rolling out several changes to the web part toolbox; featured web parts will be replaced with a users most frequently used web parts, the categories from the large toolbox will also appear in the small toolbox, and the size of the small toolbox has increased. Roadmap ID: 70668
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – March 2021
- 🆕 SharePoint: Calendar view in Lists web part – The List web part for SharePoint in Microsoft 365 allows you to display a list from your team or site on a page and customize it with your own title, view, and even size. Roadmap ID: 70750
- SharePoint: Portal launch scheduler UX – The Portal Launch Scheduler is designed to help you follow a wave / phased roll-out approach by managing the redirects for the new portal. Roadmap ID: 70799
- Microsoft Lists: forms customization – Adjust what information shows on the out-of-box forms and include custom header and footer imagery and information. Roadmap ID: 64165
- Microsoft Lists: sticky first column – As you scroll left and right, the first column of your list remains in place; similar to the sticky header that is already a part of Lists. Roadmap ID: 64168
- Microsoft Lists: new ‘Integrate’ drop-down menu – Introduction of a new top-level menu item: ‘Integrate.’ To start, existing command buttons for Power Apps and Power Automate will move into Integrate – as they are integrated technologies and experiences. Roadmap ID: 64869
- Microsoft Lists: rules – Create simple if/then rules based on changes to list information to set reminders and send notifications. Roadmap ID: 64163
- Configure header, footer and body of a form for lists/ libraries – This feature allows users in SharePoint lists and libraries to add a custom header and a footer to the associated form. Roadmap ID: 63519
- Microsoft Lists and SharePoint document libraries: Gallery view – Configure your lists and library items using a dynamic Gallery view – choosing how your documents and list items appear. Roadmap ID: 57304
- Microsoft Lists: mobile app (iOS) built on SharePoint – You’ll be able to create new lists, edit list items and easily share with other people. The Lists app will first come to iOS and Android shortly after. Roadmap ID: 64161
- Microsoft Lists: updated Yes/No column experiences – powered by SharePoint – List items with a Yes/No column, in and out of Quick Edit mode, will appear using the new experience design format – making it easier to create and more accessible to consume. Roadmap ID: 67119
- Microsoft Lists: offline mode – Similar to taking files offline, people will have the ability to take Microsoft Lists offline – so you can work with your information in scenarios where you may have low-to-no internet access. Roadmap ID: 68809
- Microsoft Lists: @mentions in comments – Get a colleague’s attention to an item in a list by @mentioning them within list comments. That person will receive a notification and a link that takes them directly back to the item, to review the comment and take the requested action. Roadmap ID: 68811
- Microsoft Lists: column settings in Grid view – The capabilities when in Lists “Grid” view (previously Quick Edit) will now allow people to pin a column to the filter’s pane, format the column, show/hide columns, and hide their column(s). Roadmap ID: 68714
- Microsoft Lists: Support for thousands separator in Number column – When Lists owners and members leverage the Number column, they can now choose if the comma should appear or not. Roadmap ID: 68716
- SharePoint admin center: updated homepage dashboard – Update for the homepage in the SharePoint admin center with more and more cards and graphs appear over time – so you can see insights on files, usage security, recommendations, training and so on. Roadmap ID: 68812
- SharePoint admin center: site creation source – SharePoint admins will now be able to see where sites were created from – be it PowerShell, via the SharePoint admin center, from Teams, from SharePoint “Create site” – and to be able to see more clearly who created the site. Roadmap ID: 68813
- SharePoint admin center – Migration Manager: Box migrations (public preview) – With their recent Mover acquisition, Microsoft are excited to expand capabilities to allow moving content from third-party cloud storage providers starting with Box.com. Roadmap ID: 68816
- Microsoft Teams: Improvements to the “Create a Microsoft Team from SharePoint” experience – Enhance existing Microsoft 365 Groups with Teams functionality, directly from SharePoint team sites. Roadmap ID: 68861
- SharePoint: Text web parts automatically added to new sections in modern pages – Microsoft are now adding text web parts automatically for you when you add new sections to a modern page. Roadmap ID: 67146
- New leadership connection site template – The template brings together conversations from Yammer, news, resources, and showcases upcoming events. Roadmap ID: 71752
- SharePoint: Auto-News Digest – SharePoint Auto-News Digest sends automated email to employees in you company about the latest News posts that they have not yet read. Roadmap ID: 64685
- SharePoint Online search query volume limits when using app-only authentication – When this change is implemented, queries using the Site.Read.All permissions level or greater will be throttled at 25 QPS. The search query will return with a 429 response and you can simply retry the query. Roadmap ID: 64963
Release – April 2021
- SharePoint: Collapsible sections on modern pages – You’ll have the ability to show page sections in an accordion view (collapsed or expanded) or as tabs. The accordion view will be collapsed by default, but can be set to show expanded. Roadmap ID: 67147
- SharePoint: Company-Branded Auto News Digest – For SharePoint news users, we are launching an update to the Auto-News Digest feature. Now users will receive a company branded Auto-News Digest. Roadmap ID: 70606