Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
From the message center
Here are some items from the message center that have drawn my attention over the last week:
|Affects||Message||Last updated||Message ID|
|OneDrive for Business/ SharePoint announce 250GB upload capability: |
Now, customers can upload files up to 250GB across OneDrive for Business and Sharepoint online.
|Microsoft Teams||New Video only Meeting stage experience:|
With this new meeting layout experience, video-only participants will fill the meeting layout even if they aren’t dominant speakers.
|OneDrive||Announcing OneDrive for Business location picker support for security groups and distribution lists:|
Data loss prevention (DLP) for OneDrive for Business will soon support user accounts and groups as part of the policy scoping location picker.
|Add up to 25 task labels and colors in Planner and Tasks in Teams:|
With this update, end users can choose up to 25 colored labels per task in Planner and Tasks in Teams.
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
- Launched (3)
- Rolling out (7)
- In development (4)
- Configure header, footer and body of a form for lists/ libraries – This feature allows users in SharePoint lists and libraries to add a custom header and a footer to the associated form. Roadmap ID: 63519
- SharePoint: Caching SharePoint Online Videos on Azure Content Delivery Network to improve video playback and reliability – Videos will be streamed from the CDN closest to the user to optimize the user experience. Roadmap ID: 66065
- SharePoint: Share a page to Yammer – The ability to share a modern SharePoint Online (SPO) page to a Yammer community will be available in the page actions bar. Roadmap ID: 66183
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- Schedule SharePoint pages & news posts – You will be able to schedule a page or news post to be published at a specific date and time in the future. Roadmap ID: 62892
- People cards for SharePoint list and library web parts – Now, when you see a person’s name or face within a SharePoint List or Library web part, you can hover over it and reveal their people card. Roadmap ID: 57814
- Easy page and news publishing experience from sitepages library – Adding the ability to easily publish and republish a page or news post from the sitepages library in a site via the command bar or the file card experience. Roadmap ID: 61191
- Save for later web part – New web part to display a user’s saved for later items. Roadmap ID: 57810
- SharePoint: Stock Images – Free to use stock images will be available in the SharePoint image file picker. Roadmap ID: 59834
- SharePoint: Audience Targeting capability for Quick Links Web Part – Microsoft are adding the ability to target specific audiences per link within the Quick Links Web Part. With it, you target specific links to different audiences, helping you provide more personalized experiences on SharePoint pages. Roadmap ID: 67115
- SharePoint: Page Authoring First Run Experience – The page authoring First Run experience is an interactive tutorial that walks users through the editing process the first time that they create a page or news post. Roadmap ID: 70667
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – March 2021
- 🆕 SharePoint: Events web part will display event images – Page authors in SharePoint who use the Events web part will be able to turn on an option to show event images within the web part. Roadmap ID: 70791
- 🆕 SharePoint: Immersive reader is coming to modern SharePoint pages and new posts – The Microsoft Immersive Reader, which is currently built into Word, OneNote, Outlook, Teams and other Microsoft apps, will be available for SharePoint pages and news posts. Roadmap ID: 70737
Release – April 2021
- Microsoft Lists: @mentions in comments – Get a colleague’s attention to an item in a list by @mentioning them within list comments. That person will receive a notification and a link that takes them directly back to the item, to review the comment and take the requested action. Roadmap ID: 68811
Release – June 2021
- Microsoft Lists: Commenting (iOS) – Bringing web commenting experience to Lists iOS mobile app. Add/delete a comment on list items to collaborate and share better. Roadmap ID: 70705