Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
From the message center…
|Message||More detail||Act by||Message ID|
|Reminder: Retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows||Starting August 1st, 2020, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be turned off for any newly created tenants.|
Starting November 1st, 2020, Microsoft will remove the ability to run, or create, or execute SharePoint 2010 workflows from existing tenants.
|1 November, 2020||MC225133|
|(Updated) Microsoft Productivity Score soon to be generally available||Microsoft Productivity Score, a new analytics solution that helps you understand how work gets done in your organization, is transitioning from preview to general availability.||3 December, 2020||MC225209|
|Reminder: Microsoft Teams web app to no longer support IE 11||Microsoft Teams web app will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) after November 30, 2020. After November 30, 2020, users will be unable to access the Teams web app from IE 11 and be notified to use the desktop app or access the web app from Microsoft Edge.||30 November, 2020||MC225570|
|Skype for Business admin center retirement||Skype for Business admin center will be retiring, starting on December 1st, 2020.||1 December, 2020||MC225373|
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- SharePoint: new create list experience – With the introduction of Microsoft Lists, we introduced a new user interface when creating lists from the Lists home page and within Teams. You’ll now see this new experience when creating a new list from within a SharePoint site. Click New List and you’ll see the updated experience to create lists. Roadmap ID: 67137
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – November 2020
- Updates to site header options – You will be able to choose to show/ hide the site title and a choice between a square site logo thumbnail or a non-square site logo. Roadmap ID: 63776
- 👀 Configure header, footer and body of a form for lists/ libraries – This feature allows users in SharePoint lists and libraries to add a custom header and a footer to the associated form. Roadmap ID: 63519
- Microsoft Lists: comments – Add a comment on a list or list items, including @mention capabilities to draw a person’s attention. Roadmap ID: 64169
- SharePoint: Site Performance Page for Site Owners and Editors – The Site Performance Page will display results from the Page Diagnostics for SharePoint tool and the information will be available within SharePoint from site settings. Roadmap ID: 66196