The Microsoft roadmap roundup is a weekly summary of all the newly added items and changes within the Microsoft 365 roadmap, covering SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive and Microsoft Purview. Here’s all the new and updated Microsoft roadmap items from the past week:
Please make sure to subscribe to get early access to new posts straight to your inbox!
Use these buttons to switch between each product’s roadmap updates.
Includes updates for SharePoint, SharePoint Syntex and Microsoft Viva.
- Launched (1)
- Rolling out (1)
- In development (4)
- Microsoft Viva: Topics available in GCC – Availability for Viva Topics in GCC. Roadmap ID: 72185
🚂 ROLLING OUT
- SharePoint: Site template history – View the history of any site templates applied to your site and related site script actions. Roadmap ID: 93186
⌛ IN DEVELOPMENT
Release – June 2022
- 🆕 SharePoint: Configure navigation links to open in a new tab – With this update, you will be able to manage the experience for each navigation item to open in a new tab. Roadmap ID: 93318
- Microsoft Viva: First run experiences to introduce topic highlights in SharePoint pages and topic page editing – First Run Experiences for a user’s first encounter with topics and contribution. Visual cues appear to teach users how to interact with the topic highlights on SharePoint pages, how to edit and publish a topic page, and how to reference a topic using topic picker while authoring a SharePoint page. Roadmap ID: 93215
Release – December 2022
- Microsoft Compliance Center: Expanded support to search and export items in SharePoint and OneDrive for Business Recycle Bin in Advanced eDiscovery – Traditionally, when a site is on hold, the files in the Recycle Bin would be stored in the Preservation Hold library. In cases when a site is not on hold, there is no way to search or export items in the Recycle Bin. The eDiscovery and SharePoint Online teams are making architectural changes that will make the Recycle Bin (both first-stage and second-stage Recycle Bins) in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business searchable and exportable by eDiscovery Managers. That means organizations can search and export items in the Recycle Bin regardless of whether a site is on hold or not. Roadmap ID:67092
Release – February 2023
- SharePoint: Migrate SharePoint 2010 and 2013 workflows to Power Automate – Provide Microsoft 365 customers with a tool to migrate SharePoint-based workflows to Power Automate. You will be able to migrate SharePoint 2010 (out-of-the-box) workflows and SharePoint 2013 (SharePoint Designer) workflows to Power Automate flows. Initially this will be implemented via PowerShell, and in future it will be more integrated into the SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT). Roadmap ID: 82108