If you start to use Sway within your organisation, you will likely want to be able to co-author and collaborate on each Sway much like normal documents and files within your O365 environment.
The good news is this is very much possible in Sway and the steps below will show you how to do it:
Share your Sway
- Before you can see who has co-author abilities on your Sway, you need to first share it with those people and decide what sort of permissions they have
- You have the choice of 3 options: specific people or groups, those in your organisation and anyone with a link
- To enable people to co-author the Sway with you, select edit
- Select the recipients or share the link with those you wish to edit the Sway
Under more options, you can optionally choose to set a password for people to access a Sway. This can be required for everyone or only those with edit access.
NOTE: You can share your sway with people outside of your organisation and allow them to edit by selecting the anyone with a link option.
Look who’s authored
Now that you have sucessfully shared your Sway, you will now be able to see who has co-authored it with you:
- Open your Sway, click on the Share button
- Under the link section you will see a list of authors for this Sway
You can also see who is co-authoring your Sway in real time! If you open your Sway whilst others are editing you will notice a little 1 in the Share button.