As announced by Microsoft on day of of #msignite, SharePoint Server 2019 is set to be released in 2018…
It seems there are a raft of new features an improvements in the pipeline for SharePoint, here’s a quick look at what was announced:
- Security and Goverance enhancements
- Several new webparts
- Improvements to team/group integration
- Better mobile app!
- Plethora of improvements to intranet sites
- Overhaul of SharePoint lists
- Search improvements and much much more…
There are a few good write ups already on this subject which cover the major changes in depth:
Yesterday’s SharePoint Virtual Summit highlighted some of the latest innovations for SharePoint and OneDrive. It was an interesting event that continued to further Microsoft’s cloud and mobile first vision.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the summit:
- Over 250k organizations and 85% of the Fortune 500 have SharePoint
- OneDrive lets you work with all your files in Office 365 with Files On-Demand
- Connect existing SharePoint Online sites to Office 365 groups
- Submit documents for approval with new approval flow.
- Trigger and share flows in lists & document libraries!
- Personalised search lets you find more of what you need. Faster!
- New web parts help you do more in SharePoint and Office365
- Yammer adds conversation and drives engagement within communication sites
- Modern SharePoint Online admin experience!
- Microsoft Graph & Webhooks across sites & lists make SharePoint even more powerful.
- SharePoint Framework for SharePoint Server 2016 in FP2!
Here’s a great roundup by collab365 of the summit!
Here’s Bill Baer’s blog on the summit
Watch the SharePoint Virtual Summit 2017 in full