(This post was written using a SharePoint 2010 environment)
So you’ve got a SharePoint site, it all looks good (well, as good as it can!) but you notice that the Publish tab isn’t available in the ribbon.
First things first you check the site settings to see if SharePoint Server Publishing is turned on.
If you get to this point and your still no further forward it’s likely that your site wasn’t set up as a publishing site, but if you follow the steps below and your pages will be able to be published in no time.
- Open the site in question, then go to Site Actions > View All Site Content
- Open the SitePages library
- Under Library Tools > Library, select Library Settings
- Under General Settings > Versioning Settings, turn on Create major and minor (draft) versions > press OK
- Go back to the original page, you will now see the publishing tab has appeared!